- broadcasting mode and style
- music/sound investment
- sound quality
- overall/eventual impact
- sound quality
- overall/eventual impact
Based on the criteria above, evaluation will come from 2 different directions that will eventually combine to determine the winners:
- Judging Committees: entries are evaluated by the judging committee assigned to each category. Judging committees are made up of competent members whose names will be announced on the Contest website: http://contest.europeanschoolradio.eu/
- Participating Schools: each school may evaluate the entries submitted in the category of its own entry based on guidelines forwarded to the teacher acting as project manager.
Entries are forwarded to the Judging Committees and to schools anonymously.
The evaluation of the “Make It Heard 2023” competition will take place immediately after the end of the submission of entries. Evaluators will be juries made up of exceptional professionals from the fields of music, journalism, and education, as well as the schools participating in the competition. The score percentage of the judging panels in the final score will be 60% and of the competing schools 40%. Schools involved in the process are encouraged to use the new assessment process for critical listening and pedagogical use.
Evaluation process by the participating schools
- Each school that has submitted participation in the competition will have access with the same account as the one that made the submission, to a special evaluation page.
- This page will automatically display a list of audios of all the entries of the grade the school belongs to and the category it is competing in without any other identification of the entries. For example, if an elementary school has submitted a radio message entry, the audio of all elementary school radio messages will be displayed.
- On the same page each school will be able to select a number of entries (other than their own entry) that they will rate as the best in descending order (1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc.). That is, the entry declared as 1st choice will be considered the best.
- The number of entries that each school will be able to choose will be proportional to the number of entries in the specific category.
- The page will give a unique code that can be used for access by students so that they can listen to the entries from their home as well. Students will not be able to register the options. Only the teacher will be able to enter the options.
- After the submission of the evaluation by each school, it will not be possible to differentiate the options.
Educational use of the process
The process of critically listening to peer-to-peer work can benefit the learning process in many ways. The Organizing Committee created and makes available to the participating schools the following educational material:
- Φύλλο Προτάσεων Παιδαγωγικής Αξιοποίησης προς τους εκπαιδευτικούς κάθε βαθμίδας για τη διαδικασία αξιολόγησης
- Φύλλο Αξιολόγησης για τους μαθητές στην κατηγορία τραγουδιού
- Φύλλο Αξιολόγησης για τους μαθητές στην κατηγορία ραδιοφωνικού μηνύματος
Audience voting will begin immediately after the evaluation is completed and will end before the first day of the Festival.
Listeners will be able to listen to all entries from a specially designed web page. The visitors will be able to add “likes” to as many entries as they wish. An entry from each category (Radio Message and Song) that collects the most “likes” will win the Listener Award.
One month before the announcement of the winners, the unranked list of finalists will be published, allowing enough time to organize their visit to the Radio Festival and to the Award Ceremony.
These schools will be invited to present their entries live. The final series of awards will be announced at the Awards Ceremony.
Also, the scores of the entries that were distinguished in the first places (beyond the first three) will be announced.
The announcement of the two Audience Awards will be made at the Awards Ceremony.
Up to three (3) prizes will be presented for each category and for each educational level, namely:
- Elementary Schools
- High Schools
- Special Schools
Also, two (2)European School Radio “Audience Awards” will be announced through online voting for each category of participation (radio message/song).
- The participating school units, regardless of the results, will receive a participation certificate
- All radio messages and songs will be broadcasted on the European School Radio programme.
- For the duration of the Festival, all school units will be able to present their song or radio message in the context of the 7th Panhellenic Student Radio Festival “European School Radio 2023”, scheduled to be hosted in Zakynthos.
- The Award Ceremony will take place on Saturday 8 April 2023, before noon. In case, due to extraordinary circumstances, the ceremony cannot take place live, the event will be televised or live streamed.