05 May Press Release for the “Make it Heard 2023” Award Ceremony
The Award Ceremony of the Radio and Music Student Contest “Make it Heard 2023” entitled “Youth for Peace” took place on Saturday, April 29, 2023, at the Municipal Theater of Zakynthos, Greece. The contest is co-organized by the European School Radio, the Educational Radio Television of the Greek Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs, the Pedagogical Institute of Cyprus of the Ministry of Education, Sports and Youth, and the Greek National Centre of Audiovisual Media and Communication.
The ceremony begun with a welcome speech by the Deputy Minister of Education and Religious Affairs, Ms. Zetta Makri, the Head of the Directorate for Program Support and Sustainability of the Ministry of Education and Culture, Mrs. Monica Karamalakou-Lappa, the Cyprus Minister of Education, Sports and Youth, Mrs. Athina Michailidou, and on behalf of the co-organizers the Educational Technology Department Officer of the Cyprus Pedagogical Institute, Mrs. Anna Tsiarta, the Head of the Department of Research, Studies & Educational Programs of the Directorate of Development & Management of Digital Content of EKOME, Mr. Dimitris Papacharalambous, and the Chairperson of the European School Radio, Mrs. Eftychia Touliou.
On behalf of the co-organisers of the 7th European School Radio Festival, welcoming speeches were addressed by the following: His Eminence Archimandrite Nikodimos Liontakis, Director of Secondary Education of Zakynthos, Mr. Dionysios Pothos, Director of Primary Education of Zakynthos, Mr. Athanasios Katsibelis, Member of Parliament for Zakynthos, Mr. Dionysios Aktypis, Regional Governor of the Ionian Islands, Mrs. Tsagaropoulou Kratsa, Deputy Mayor for Culture of the Municipality of Zakynthos, Mr. Dimitrios Kandilas and Deputy Regional Governor for Digital Governance, European Programs and European Affairs of the Ionian Islands, Mr. Konstantinos Kapodistrias.
Thodoris Kampitsis, Actor and Director, welcomed the visitors with a short theatrical presentation, and then the presenters of the event, Angeliki Grampsa and Spyros Drogitis, members of the Vocational School of Zakynthos radio team, welcomed on stage the co-organizers and jury members who gave the awards to the schools. Singer and songwriter Manolis Famellos, who has been supporting the contest for many years as a Jury Member, attended the Ceremony and gave one of the awards.
Distinguished guests opened the envelopes, announced the awards ranking, congratulated students and teachers, and gave the award-winning schools the gifts provided by the European School Radio, the Greek Educational Radiotelevision, the Cyprus Pedagogical Institute and EKOME.
Congratulations to all the participating schools who sent a total of 391 entries from Greece, Cyprus, Croatia and Spain, and particularly to the 29 schools who received awards for their entries, which were presented live at the Ceremony by the student groups. The schools of Greece (Attica, Corfu, Pyrgos, Patras, Larissa, Nafpaktos, Xanthi, Thessaloniki, Serres, Katerini, Halkidiki, Crete, Rhodes) and Cyprus (Larnaka, Limassol, Nicosia) took the stage and performed their songs and messages live or presented a video clip with their entry and greetings. Also, a school from Spain is among the prize winners.
The Contest concluded and from this beautiful celebration the message of Peace was sent melodically and rhythmically!
In detail, the awards were announced as follows.
- Radio Message, Prize to 15th Primary School of Kallithea-Attiki for the entry “Peace is” which received 2352 votes
- Song, Prize to 3rd Primary School of Kamatero-Attiki for the entry “Let me live” which received 5571 votes
PRIZES TO SPECIAL SCHOOL
- Radio Message, 1st Prize to Special Vocational Education and Training Laboratories of Nafpaktos for the entry “The poem about peace through the eyes of our students”
- Radio Message, 2nd Prize to UNIFIED SPECIAL VOCATIONAL HIGH SCHOOL OF RHODES for the entry “Now its the time for Peace!”
- Song, 1st Prize to Special Vocational Education and Training Laboratories of Larissa for the entry “Tell me”
- Song, 2nd Prize to Nicosia Special School for the entry “Peace”
PRIZES TO PRE-SCHOOL
- Radio Message, 1st Prize to 1st Pre-school of Lagyna-Thessaloniki for the entry “Wake up peace!”
- Radio Message, 2nd Prize to 2nd Pre-school of Nikiti-Chalkidiki for the entry “The picture of peace!”
- Radio Message, 3rd Prize to 20th Pre-school of Irakleio Crete for the entry “A Piece of Peace Please”
- Song, 1st Prize to Private Pre-school of Rodion Paideia- Rhodes for the entry “I write the word Peace”
- Song, 2nd Prize to HELLENIC EDUCATION CENTER – MARY N. RAPTOU SCHOOL for the entry “One Song for Ukraine”
PRIZES TO PRIMARY SCHOOL
- Radio Message, 1st Prize to 2nd Primary School of Pyrgos for the entry “Once upon a time, there was Peace”
- Radio Message, 2nd Prize to 19th Primary School of Patras for the entry: “Messages in a bottle travel in the Aegean”
- Radio Message, 3rd Prize to 21st of Primary School of Serres for the entry “Peace – War – Education ”
- Song, 1st Prize to LIVADIA B PRIMARY SCHOOL for the entry “Close your eyes and dream”
- Song, 2nd Prize to CEIP Flor de Azahar for the entry “Y si bailamos (What if we dance?)”
- Song, 3rd Prize to G C School of Careers – Primary School for the entry “The Life of PEACE”
PRIZES TO JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL
- Radio Message, 1st Prize to 3rd Gymnasium of Eleftherio Kordelio- Thessaloniki for the entry “Talk to me about peace, maestro!”
- Radio Message, 2nd Prize to 7th Gymnasium of Corfu for the entry “Only in chess is war a game”
- Radio Message, 3rd Prize to Gymnasium of Kalochori- Thessaloniki for the entry “Child of war”
- Song, 1st Prize to Gymnasium of Platykampos-Larissa for the entry “Holding on to hope”
- Song, 2nd Prize to 7th Gymnasium of Katerini-Pieria for the entry “I AM HERE FOR YOU – I HEAR YOY”
- Song, 3rd Prize to Doukas Private Gymnasium for the entry “Peace οn Earth”
PRIZES TO SENIOR HIGH SCHOOL
- Radio Message, 1st Prize to 4th General Lyceum of Neo Irakleio-Attiki for the entry ” Armed with our Voice”
- Radio Message, 2nd Prize to 1st General Lyceum of Pyrgos for the entry “Once upon a time… weather in a different view”
- Radio Message, 3rd Prize to 3rd Evening Vocational Lyceum of Larissa for the entry “Peace in Avakas”
- Song, 1st Prize to LYCEUM OF ARCHIEPISKOPOU MAKARIOU III – DASOUPOLI for the entry “Paths of Peace”
- Song, 2nd Prize to 1st General Lyceum of Xanthi for the entry “Give Peace a try”
- Song, 3rd Prize to Forum School for the entry “Waltz to a War”
All schools that took part in the Competition will receive online Certificates of Participation and, for the first time this year, Honorable Mention will be given to the 25% of entries with the highest score in their category, after the evaluation of the Jury Members and the Participating schools.
The Award Ceremony 2023 was broadcast live on the European School Radio YouTube channel and is available online at the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNlWsKXpFV. You can find the results in detail on the website:
Audiovisual material from the Award Ceremony 2023:
The organizers have already started preparations for the 10th “Make it Heard 2024” Competition.
We are looking forward to meeting you again in the next contest!